Sunday, August 12, 2007

August Book Club

Tonight I hosted book club at my house and I think it went well! 

I chose this book because the past three books we've read have been rip-you-heart-out downers. 
After reading it (in like 10 minutes)... I didn't realize it was a graduation speech... I worried we wouldn't have much to discuss. But we did! We mainly talked about how finding the beauty in the small things and being thankful makes for a happy life. This seems so simple but I think a lot of people choose to focus on what they do NOT have as opposed to what they DO have.

Blogging actually came up! I admitted that I use my blog (didn't give them the name) to record silly, little everyday things the kids and I do so that I can print them off and have a record later. So far, it has worked!

Now I know that sometimes I blog about things that are in the grand scheme of things insignificant (like stationery, clothes, etc.) but it's part of me and, who knows, maybe one day Mary Fowler will look through these print-outs and find a little of me in herself?

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS