Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Fun Friday Night



Friday we attended a Book and Author dinner.  We had a great time!  It honestly was one of my favorite nights this year.  There were three speakers including Cokie Roberts.  We sat with three other great couples and the conversation and wine flowed!  The tables were set for 8 instead of 10 and I think that makes conversation much easier and more intimate.  I wore this Lilly dress again which made getting ready a snap!  Love dresses that multi-task!

Because the authors were there to sign their books, I just HAD to buy all 7 of them.  My girlfriend had the good idea to have Cokie Roberts' book signed to my daughter so I sent Adam on his mission.  He said she had quite the attitude.  

He asked her if she could sign it to Mary Fowler and she said, "No, I cannot.  I don't write last names because it would hurt my hand."  He said, "Well, okay, but Mary Fowler is her first name" (Cokie is supposedly from the South, ya'll!).  So, she gave a tired sigh and did it.

Since Adam and I have been watching the John Adams series on HBO, I do think I will enjoy reading about the women behind the founders of our country.  As a matter of fact, one of my girlfriends at the dinner compared me to Dolly Madison which I think is quite a compliment, although I do need to refresh my history lessons.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS