Tuesday, December 9, 2008

My Go-To Dip



Lawwwd have mercy! (As my Richmond aunts say) What a busy and FUN time of year! Whew!

Our annual Cookie and Ornament Exchange was lots of fun! Sunday was pretty stressful getting everything together... and the kids and husbands organized... but a tequila shot for the hostesses before everyone arrived really helped settle the nerves!

As is becoming tradition, I gave my ornament number to a friend who forgot her ornament so I don't have one to show... yet...

The dip I brought which I have taken the liberty of naming Kirsten's Dip was a big hit and she was bombarded by people asking her for the recipe. I thought I would share since it is so easy and yummy! I was planning on making another appetizer but when I found myself at the market without my list and very close to (stressful) tears, I pulled this one from memory and it all worked out!

Kirsten's Dip

1 can black eye peas (drained)
1 can white corn (drained)
4 stalks green onion
1 box (square not round) crumbled feta

Mix dressing together and pour over before serving
1/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
1/4 cup oil


Serve with white corn chips.


Saturday we put the tree up which is such a relief. I was slightly disappointed that it wasn't the perfect-family-tree-trimming-party-in-my-head but it got done so I guess it was a success. 

Tonight I am hoping to finish my Christmas cards while watching either a fun movie or show and doing laundry.  Sad that this really IS my idea of a fun night!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS