Thursday, July 30, 2009

Marinating Right Now



I get a warm, fuzzy, domesticated feeling inside when I plan far enough ahead to actually marinate something all day long. It doesn't happen often, but tomorrow I'm taking dinner to a friend who recently had a baby and I want to try this out before I decide to give it to her.

I am one of the last on the list so I am assuming she has had a lot of comforting casseroles. And I LOVE me some casseroles... But... you know how sometimes you just want your food separated??? 

I think I'll do a yummy, gooey, cornbread souffle to add the "comfort factor".
Add a green salad and special banana pudding- and hopefully they'll be excited about dinner!



Margarita Chicken

3 garlic cloves, minced
1 green onion, minced
1/2 jalapeño pepper, minced
3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
1 1/2 tablespoons tequila
1 tablespoon fresh orange juice
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1/2 teaspoon chili powder
(I added some Italian dressing)
Chicken or Pork Tenderloin
Preparation:

Combine first 10 ingredients in a shallow dish or large zip-top plastic freezer bag. Cut pork diagonally into 1-inch-thick slices, and add to tequila mixture. Cover or seal, and chill 1 hour, turning occasionally.

Remove chicken from marinade, discarding marinade.

Grill until done.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS