Thursday, November 17, 2011

Holiday Hopes

image from marthastewart.com


"Part of cultivating a good life is putting first things first."

It isn't even thanksgiving yet and I have been itching to get some goals down on paper... just to make sure that I keep the focus on my priorities... and that I don't forget anything!

1. Get Christmas cards ordered and mailed so that people have our new address!

2. Find some religious activity resource to use with the kids. Something different to peak their interest about the true meaning of the season.

3. Plan a family holiday party.

4. Have some neighbors and/or girlfriends over for a casual gathering.

5. Get Nutcracker tickets for Mary Fowler and me (and maybe other mothers/daughters)

6. Take pictures, take pictures, take pictures!

7. Put the 2011 picture book together.

8. Bake, bake, bake!

9. Decorate earlier than usual.

That's a start for now.

3 comments:

  1. One of my favorite holiday activities is the Nativity secret santa. I found it online about 5 years ago. Pick a family and leave them a piece of the nativity along with a reading about that item every day for the 12 days leading up to Christmas. Not always easy to keep it a secret but very fun. On Christmas Eve we reveal ourselves and deliver the baby jesus. Let me know if you want and I will email it to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the idea from 5 Bickies! Happy Thanksgiving:)

    ReplyDelete

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS