Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Resolutions...


This year one of my resolutions is to learn more about "strategic shopping" in the grocery store using coupons. I am NOT interested in spending a Sunday cutting coupons, buying crap we don't use, and saving $4.50. But if I can cut our existing grocery budget by even a third, I would be thrilled!

Today was my first time using coupons and my husband is SO EXCITED with the results! I saved $130!! (more details later) The nice man checking me out (at the register, ha ha!) said that it was the largest savings he had ever seen! I don't think anyone at my neighborhood grocery store uses coupons. I am excited, too, but I need to do this for a month before I'm completely sold on the idea.

I am using CouponMom's website and it helped me to watch a couple of her videos on YouTube. To stay motivated, I am taking pictures and keeping exact numbers to share on this blog. If anyone has any pointers or tips, please share! I'll do the same- I certainly learned a lot today.

3 comments:

  1. Thank you for your sweet comment. I , too, am interested in cutting down our food bill. I feel like coupons are always for brands we don't use and then we end up throwing food out because no one likes the stuff that was on sale? I will be following your lead on this one;) Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ditto to above! I love to coupon but never get very far with it. Do tell us your secrets!! I would very much like to cut my food bill down!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, I'm impressed with your couponing!

    ReplyDelete

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS