Sunday, January 8, 2012

Sunday Morning



Our kitchen needs a redo so we have been living without a stove-top!  We have an oven but no working burners.  And the short story is that we don't want to replace it until we decide on the final appliances so they all match.  Well, believe it or not, survival hasn't been all that difficult.  Davis is the one this hurts the most because he could eat pasta for every meal.

Over the holidays my sweet mom brought her electric griddle for us why didn't I think of that?! and we have used it every day!

We've made pancakes so often from withdrawl that I ran out of my usual pancake mix that you just add water to!  This recipe is very simple and delicious, so the kids say we can't go back to Bisquick mix!  This morning I doubled it and ran out of milk so I used a combo of sour cream and water and Mary Fowler said they were better that way!  I think it's very forgiving- and those are my favorite recipes!

Fluffy Pancakes

1 cup Flour
2 Tablespoons Sugar
2 Tablespoons Baking Powder
1 Teaspoon Salt
1 Egg, beaten
1 cup Milk
2 Tablespoons Oil

Mix all ingredients together and pour by 1/4 cup sizes onto griddle.

1 comment:

  1. Definitely trying this....I need to not use the box and go with "real" ingredients. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS