Sunday, March 30, 2008

Aloha to Spring Cocktail Club







the guests could help themselves to a lai... it dresses up any outfit!

Well, I had high hopes of taking lots of pictures to document the party but, as always, it just seemed weird to have a camera out once people arrived so here are the few shots I was able to snap.



Our cocktail club was formed in 2000 and my husband and I are among the original members. Over the years, people have moved and we have replaced them with other great people! We had 12 couples for years and now we have 13. Each couple takes a month and the hosts may invite additional friends if they want. The hosts provide the libations and the cocktail club members bring an appetizer. (Most hosts prepare a couple of appetizers, too) Most of us like to offer a special cocktail and my favorite are the ones that do because I love trying new drinks!



the color scheme


My Contributions to the Menu


Aloha Mai Tais
4oz pineapple juice
4oz orange juice
1oz dark rum
1oz light rum
1oz triple sec
1oz lime juice
1/2 oz grenadine

Coconut Shrimp (from Sam's)

Fresh Fruit

Polynesian Dumplings (from Sam's)


Tequila Lime Chicken Wings (from Sam's)

Sweet & Sour Meatballs 

12oz apricot preserves
1/2 cup hoison sauce
1/2 cup rice vinegar


Pinapple Upside-Down Cupcakes
(I just followed the directions on the side of the box of Duncan Hines Pineapple Supreme cake mix)


Thank you Pioneer Woman! The guys (and I) LOVED these!














A very early shot of my centerpiece which is SO not my specialty (thank goodness a friend me flowers that afternoon)



the light stuff


the hard stuff


This was probably the most relaxed I've been at one of my own (non-family) parties and I think these are the reasons:
  1. Good number of people- about 30

  2. I took a friend's advice and hired a lady to help with the bartending and keeping things clean during the party

  3. Started heating the food earlier, rather than waiting until the very last minute

    4. Made sure I was ready by 2pm




No comments:

Post a Comment

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS