Friday, February 3, 2012

Birthday Party Inspiration


I love a party!  But kids' parties make me very nervous.  Knowing that Mary Fowler wants a sleepover birthday party this year, I've been procrastinating a bit.

So, to get me inspired, she and I sat down at the computer and I let her pick some idea pictures.  Her birthday is right around Valentine's Day so pink and red were a good starting point.  She still talks about the pink and red cake I made for her first birthday party.  It was the first time I used fondant icing, and I think the last!

For her 9th birthday, she chose this wedding cake with white icing and red and pink flowers.  I plan to make or buy one MUCH smaller scale.

My loose plan is to have dinner and cake when the 12 girls arrive.  I would love to have a little scavenger hunt on our street with flashlights and some help from the neighbors.  Two of our favorite babysitters are coming to help me.  Hopefully they'll play a bit before settling in with a movie and popcorn and BEDTIME!

Today I delivered the invitations so there's no turning back now!




3 comments:

  1. the party sounds like a blast! good call, having the babysitters come as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a great party! My kids love a game of flashlight tag in a dark house. A flashlight for each girl could be one of their goody bag items. I'll think more for any other ideas :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun! Since you have help from 2 babysitters, you could do a lot of things like beauty spa time with facials and manicures, a dance contest, or if it's before Feb 14 you could do some crafting and make valentine cards. Happy Birthday M.F.!

    ReplyDelete

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS