Saturday, February 18, 2012

Good to Remember...

When People Are Big and God is Small: Overcoming Peer Pressure, Codependency, and the Fear of Man (Resources for Changing Lives)
www.amazon.com


I grew up Catholic and I love so many things about the its tradition.  But one thing most of us Catholics agree on is that we were not raised learning the Bible stories our Protestant friends grew up with.

When I moved to Richmond I was looking to expand my comfort levels (since they were being stretched anyway!) so, I took the advice of two wonderful women I met here and joined a non-denominational Bible study.  It has definitely stretched me.  In a wonderful way.  

My (unsolicited) advice: If you are looking to be stretched, take note of the women in your lives whom you admire.  You may not know exactly what IT is about them, but IT is something.  Get to know them, find out what THEY do, and see if there is anything THEY do that YOU could do.

This is a fairly intensive study.  We spend two semesters (like a school year) on ONE section (like Genesis).  

During one of the lectures, this book was mentioned so I found it on Half.com and ordered it.  It is good- I would not call it a super-easy read but I am still enjoying it... on my bedside table... a couple of pages at a time...

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS