Tuesday, February 7, 2012

On Matters of Food...



I was talking to my favorite cousin recently.  She recently returned from a spa in Arizona and she was telling me all about the healthful lifestyle lessons she learned while there.  It made me think of this documentary I watched on Netflix last year and I really enjoyed it.  Definitely "food for thought"!  

I am very wary, or suspicious, when I hear people talking about extreme dietary changes like diets or detoxes.  But my family so far is blessed with health.  Perhaps I would have a different perspective if we did have health issues.  For our family, variety and moderation is the name of the game.

I have added this book to my Goodreads "TO READ" list:



The main takeaways for me that I try to incorporate daily:

1. Eat mostly whole foods
2. Drinking water first thing in the morning (most times before coffee!)
3. Eating RAW foods as often as possible

I just like the idea that our bodies are meant to be healthy and fight off the daily germs we come in contact with.  We cannot control the trillions and trillions of germs (and those are just on the bottom of ONE foot!)!!    


6 comments:

  1. Gag! Bottom of one foot, I shutter! I am with you on variety and moderation. My goal this year is to decrease the processed food as much as possible. After turning 40 last year my metabolism went crazy ? The food I normally eat decided to stick around , boo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree completely! Looks like a great book.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How did I not know that you had a new blog? Hope you are well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yea! So happy to find you again!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hate that eating healthy is last on my list. I am great with the kids food but so bad with ours!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You know I love to read about healthy diets and lifestyles. We have had to radically alter our diets due to health issues over the years and it was not easy at all. But I did learn in the process that almost everyone in our country relies way too much on processed foods. Our bodies were not designed to digest all of that so it is tough in everyone even if they don't "feel" sick. We are kind of eating everything in moderation right now but I still think we were all better when we ate gluten free and dairy free as hard as it was to do.

    ReplyDelete

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS