Monday, February 6, 2012

Perfectly Plain Poundcake


Something about cold weather and snow makes me want to be in the kitchen! My mom and I have never attempted a pound cake because we always heard they were finicky. But we mustered up the courage and used this recipe. It was PERFECT! My aunt told me one way to make a piece of pound cake even more decadent... toast a slice in the toaster oven and slather with butter. I did it and it was divine!


Cream Cheese Pound Cake


3 cups sugar

3 sticks butter or margarine (I used butter, but of course!)

8 oz. cream cheese

6 eggs

3 cups flour

2 tablespoons vanilla


Do NOT preheat oven. Cream sugar, butter and cream cheese. Add eggs one at a time. Gradually add flour and vanilla. Pour into greased and floured tube pan. Place in a cold oven; bake 2 hours at 300 degrees. Serve with fresh fruit and whipped cream.

If it makes a difference, these instructions worked perfectly on my convection bake oven setting.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS