Monday, April 2, 2012

Book



A new friend invited me to her book club and we read this.  It was a good, quick read.

From Amazon: What would happen if you were visited by your younger self, and got a chance for a do-over? 

Alice Love is twenty-nine years old, madly in love with her husband, and pregnant with their first child. So imagine her surprise when, after a fall, she comes to on the floor of a gym (a gym! she HATES the gym!) and discovers that she's actually thirty-nine, has three children, and is in the midst of an acrimonious divorce.

A knock on the head has misplaced ten years of her life, and Alice isn't sure she likes who she's become. It turns out, though, that forgetting might be the most memorable thing that has ever happened to Alice.

I liked it!  I wanted to know what happened so I even stayed up until 2am one night reading.  Without spoiling anything, I *get* what happened... One of my *fears* is going along (without daily reflection of my big-life picture) and then one day waking up and not liking who I am or the life I've created.  Really through no one's fault... just not paying attention or just getting caught up in the day-to-day?

Maybe that's why I try SO hard to be so *intentional*?  I struggle with over-thinking things... I guess it all comes down to regrets- and I don't want to have any... or at least not many!

4 comments:

  1. Okay, Liz... I was trying to be light and not too deep but you asked so I updated... start my therapy session! Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. sounds interesting and it might even keep my attention :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoyed What Alice Forgot too. It was so interesting and suspenseful, and like you said, it was easy to imagine that happening.

    ReplyDelete

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS