Friday, May 18, 2012

Simmah. Down. Now.



Oh. My. Lawwwd!  I have found myself drinking a LOT of hot tea these past two weeks.  Mary Fowler and I make tea whenever we want to settle in and read our books... or lately, to help me Simmah. Down. Now.  


We have also found that if we have to do something we don't really want to do... (for her, it's homework; for me, it's usually unloading the dishwasher) we just make tea.  It helps.


A brief overview, I put a huge, yellow dent (why do they have those yellow pile-ons?) in my suburban, I had to kill a snake, Davis broke his arm riding his bike- it's not bad.  School activities and volunteering are always CRAZY in May.  As a matter of fact, I think May is always just plain crazy!  Mother's Day was wonderful, and the dance recitals yes, plural will be wonderful once they're over!  This morning was NOT my finest moment in parenting.  Additionally, I really want to complete a photo book I have started for Adam (and the other family dads) for Father's Day because MyPublisher is running a 60% off sale!  But I have to be finished by Monday and I don't think it's possible to put all the living we've been doing the past year (a lot!) into one book, by Monday!  


I think I need a cup of tea.


This weekend we will have lots of family in town for the festivities and then I think things will calm back down.  I think we are all ready for the lazy days of summer!




*Think back a few SNL years ago... one of my favorite Cherie Oteri skits... my mom will be thrilled to know that I have just ordered this video and it should be here Monday... so perhaps she'll extend their visit!

**From MSN news:  A 2007 study in The Journal of Nutritional Biochemistry found that drinking 2 to 6 cups of hot green tea a day helps prevent skin cancer and may reverse the aging affects of the sun's rays. Drink it hot to reap the greatest amount of catechins, a type of antioxidant with proven anti-cancer properties.

4 comments:

  1. good for you for drinking TEA to destress! : ) I mean, uh, of course I do too! : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always lose my mind in May! Always!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel busier than a one arm paper hanger and am ready to just drink tea but it's 95 degrees! Guess I need iced tea!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad I'm not the only one who is overbooked and overstressed in May!

    ReplyDelete

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS