Thursday, June 28, 2012

Breakfast Casserole


When our friends came to stay with us, I knew I'd make pancakes for the kids but I wasn't super-excited about what I had in the refrigerator for breakfast.  So, put it all together into a typical egg-y, cheese-y, sausage casserole and it seems a little more special.

from the Savannah Style cookbook



Bruncheon Eggs

6 eggs
2 cups milk
1 tsp salt
1 tsp dry mustard
1 pound sausage (I use the pre-cooked turkey sausage crumbles)
3-4 slices French bread, cubed (I use 6-7 slices regular bread, cubed)
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese

Beat eggs, milk, salt and dry mustard.  Saute and drain sausage (If not precooked).  Layer bread, cheese, and sausage in greased 9x13 dish.  Pour milk and egg mixture all over.  Refrigerate overnight.  Bake at 350 degrees 45-50 minutes.


1 comment:

  1. Have to love League cookbooks - sounds delish!

    ReplyDelete

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS