Tuesday, June 12, 2012

By the Pool...


Or... to motivate me to unload the dishwasher...

What does it say about me that to do the most simple, everyday/upkeep tasks, like making the beds and unloading the dishwasher, I have to make myself a fun drink AND phone a friend so I can whistle chatter while I work???  (My mom listens to books on tape while she does housework so I get it honestly.)

I did buy these powder packets with the intention of keeping them in the pool bag and drinking them (with water) instead of ordering diet cokes all summer long.  Since I probably will not be going out to lunch all the often with the kids out of school, these little flavored packets will have to do the job reminding me of my favorite lunch spot's iced herbal teas.

They claim to give us more of the healthy antioxidants present in green tea since the entire tea leaf (ground into a fine powder) is consumed!

8 comments:

  1. Sounds so refreshing! I just saw this quote on Pinterest " cleaning the house with the children home is like brushing your teeth while eating Oreos ":)))))))

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's funny, I have to have a system too to get the dishwasher unloaded, not a chore I care for at all! I do it while I'm warming my milk for my morning latte and I have 2-1/2 minutes. :) if I don't get it done then, it could possibly be the next morning! lol
    Good idea about the powder mix poolside!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am like this too! Both husband (also a teacher) and daughter are home this summer so we are having lots of TOGETHER time. After lunch today, I debated kicking them out of the kitchen so I could clean up (last night's dinner mess waiting in the sink) accompanied by The Real Housewives. Instead I did it sans entertainment to set a good example. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great idea! I have a diet coke addiction only during the summer at the pool.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fantastic find! I can't wait to try it! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds yummy...where can one buy this? I have never seen it. Love the quote Lizzie posted...so true!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Our grocery store carries it although I'm sure I've seen it at Whole Foods, and amazon.com has everything!

      Delete

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS