Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Happy Father's Day

www.landscapingnetwork.com
My sweet husband did not take my advice... after a wonderful but loooong Mother's Day, I told Adam he should get out of town for his special day.  But he loves us and he wants to be with us so we celebrated at home.


He loved his photo book and the kids made him very sweet, personal gifts.  My parents were visiting for the weekend so that always adds fun.  We let the dads sleep in, my sister's family brought bagels and we had made-to-order omelets for brunch and, then later, fired up the grill.  Sidenote: We call our Kamado the "faux egg."  

www.frontgate.com
The weather was so nice, we just sat outside while the kids played.

Pork Tenderloin

After dinner, our neighbors brought their homemade ice cream over.  Not wanting the day to end, we made a fire outside and just sat around chatting... I'm thinking a fire pit may have to be the next project around here!

1 comment:

  1. sounds like a GREAT Father's Day. I am dying for a fire pit!

    ReplyDelete

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS