Friday, August 10, 2012

Bicycle Nostalgia


Because I had such a great time riding bikes at the beach, I got home, had Adam's bicycle tires pumped up, and have been riding in the neighborhood almost daily.  Wouldn't I love a cruiser with baskets like this one!

Usually I wait until evening/dusk when it's cooler outside; but it never fails, I feel like a 12 year old with new-found freedom.  I specifically remember my uncle taking my cousin and I on a LONG bike ride from our old neighborhood, past a llama farm, to a small little mom & pop store where we got to pick a treat (I chose a Snickers bar) and rest before heading back home.

On a day when it was just Davis and me, I thought a fun, little ride would be a special activity.  But it backfired.  He started complaining about being hot and tired, and that took away from my peacefulness so I'll just keep my evening rides to myself :)



1 comment:

  1. We had so much fun with our bikes at the beach going to the farmer's market and fish market like we were Europeans. I didn't have a cute basket or retro bike either, but I did borrow Jack's school backpack and loaded it up one day with a watermelon, salsa, and 2 pounds of shrimp. That was a sweaty ride home.

    ReplyDelete

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS