Sunday, September 30, 2012

Let Go

Source
Growing up there have always been women I've looked up to, certainly including my mom, who have this faith, courage or inner confidence... a sense of calm.  It's like the quiet understanding that everything will work out and be okay.

I'm giving this book to a few special ladies and I love its message.

When I am asked what it is about the bible study I enjoy the most, I feel like it has helped me lean more towards the direction of this calm I seek.  Having faith in the long term, instead of the short term.  And letting go of a sense of control we kid ourselves of having :)  There is so much we do not and can not control.

For example, one thing I can get all wrapped up in knots about is when things don't turn out to match my expectations.  If I have a list of places to go and things to do, and an order in which to do them and things don't go "according to MY plan," I can get pretty fed up with life in general (can you say dramatic!) and wonder what the heck is the point?!

Several months ago one of my cousins was in town visiting with her baby girl and I really wanted to stop by to see them.  There were several things working against my plan for a special visit.  I considered just bagging it.  But we left the house, tired, hungry and later than planned.  Awesome.

When we arrived my aunt happened to be there with her 3 grandchildren so my kids lit up at the chance to play with their cousins.  We even had dinner together.  It turned out to be a highlight of the week and better than I had planned.


1 comment:

  1. I definitely need this book! I'm adding it to my list right now.

    ReplyDelete

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS