Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Hot Chocolate Comfort


We are finally getting some cooler temperatures around here and today even a drizzle of rain.  I am usually a hot tea girl in the evening; but lately after the kids are tucked in, Adam pours a glass of wine and I just want some homeade hot chocolate!

My sister had her sweet baby boy last week so I've been eating that little guy up!  I think about her and remember those early nights when you are feeding at all hours and you really don't know your days from nights/ your sleeptime from awake time.

My aunt Debbie told me that she would fix herself a big mug of piping hot chocolate when she got up for those night time feedings.  It made her look forward to it a little more :)

Here's the recipe I've been using:

  • 2 cups whole milk 
  • 2 tablespoons sugar
  • 1 tablespoon Penzey's Cocoa

    Optional:
    dash vanilla
    dash cinamon


    I just heat up the milk in the microwave, add the rest, and stir.  You can use any kind of milk and it would be better done on the stovetop but I still don't have one!!


1 comment:

  1. Today is a great day for a hot chocolate! It's drizzly and chilly and the perfect day for a chat and hot chocolate. Hope you have a great day!

    ReplyDelete

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS