Monday, October 22, 2012

The Greenbrier

The Greenbrier
This past weekend Mary Fowler and I had a special Mother/Daughter getaway with some of our friends from Roanoke!  We hadn't seen most of them since last year at the same lovely location.  It was wonderful to catch up with everyone - we have missed them so!

The girls played, danced, sang, did gymnastics, stayed up talking until all hours of the night, and loved getting their nails done. One of my favorite things was yoga overlooking the golf course!

There has always been SOMEthing about this place?!?!  I've tried to put my finger on it and here are my best guesses:

-it's beautiful and elegant but it's not snobby, it's West Virginia!

-the people are calm and kind and caring!

-it feels natural, but special?!

-there is plenty to walk around and see & do, but it's also just as nice to sit and relax!

I don't know... I just feel like we'll end up there someday!  Maybe retirement???  Here's hoping!

** I did just search the employment opportunities and they are hiring a demo chef!!!  I would drive the now 3 hours each way for that job!  So much fun!  Although, technically speaking, I am not a chef...

3 comments:

  1. Hi there! I am happy to have found your blog again :) Fun to see what you have been up to. Hope all is well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my word I love that place!! So magical and calming there!!!!

    ReplyDelete

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS