Sunday, October 21, 2012

The Secret to Perfectly Cut Brownies



If you don't already know, one of my favorite little tips is cutting brownies with a PLASTIC knife.  

I have found that a few boxes of your favorite brownie mix are great to keep in the pantry because you just never know when the neighborhood kids will run inside for a treat OR you'll need a last-minute dessert to take somewhere.

A friend once told me that to get perfect squares, you can slice the edges off first.  And I would do that for myself but some people really like the edge pieces- especially my dad and two of my neighbors... so I usually leave them on.



2 comments:

  1. I always mangle the brownies. Do you let them cool before slicing?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kate, for others, yes... but for myself (assuming they make it into the oven-love brownie dough!) no :)

      Delete

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS