Sunday, April 21, 2013

Fresh Greek Salad

Don't forget the feta and croutons like I did here!

This is by far Adam's favorite salad.  It is inspired by one they serve at a restaurant named Stella's here in Richmond, and I have been meaning to add it for months.  They chunk their vegetables much larger but I cut them "fork-size."

We probably make it once a week, yet I can never seem to get a photo of the completed salad:)

I love it because it's lettuce-free and different than the typical Greek salad you have with olives, pepperocinis, salami, etc.  It's crisp and crunchy and so pretty!

Fresh Greek Salad

1 large English cucumber, chunked
1 red pepper, chunked
1 orange pepper, chunked
1 yellow pepper, chunked
tomatoes
1/2 red onion, chunked or diced (I do either, depending on my mood)
feta
croutons

Greek Dressing

1 cup red wine vinegar
2/3 cup olive oil
1 Tb garlic powder
1 Tb dried oregano
1Tb dried basil
1/2 Tb pepper
1/2 Tb salt
1/2 Tb onion powder
1/2 Tb. dijon mustard



2 comments:

  1. That is pretty!:)
    I Love Greek salads!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am beyond OBSESSED with greek salads!!!! Had one last night with a pork loin. DELISH.

    ReplyDelete

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS