Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Drug store favorites


drug store faves



Voluminous mascara
target.com


Lip stick
target.com


Neutrogena
target.com


Beauty product
cvs.com



When my sister was visiting last week, we decided it's probably time to "up" our make-up routine.  We figure we haven't changed much since about 9th grade or so.  Sad.  I do use a prescription topical from the dermatologist, but other than that, not much has changed.  I think when she comes next month we'll have the husbands watch the kids while we visit a professional make up counter and have them bring us into the 21st century.

When I was little and we would visit my relatives in Richmond, I remember being amazed that the women would come downstairs, first thing in the morning, for coffee and already be showered, dressed, and even wearing MAKE UP!  I secretly hope, now that I live here, that I will evolve to that standard.

I definitely feel better when I'm showered and dressed in real clothes, but I'd bet that at least 4 of 7 days I am not.  Dressed, yes, but not in real clothes.  More like dressed in the Lululemon Target knockoffs.  And as I type this I'm not even there!  Still sporting my big pink robe.  And it's almost noon.  (But we did have a little pancakes-in-our-pajamas party here this morning...)

While I love the sights and smells, packaging and (false) promises of the beauty products at the mall, I just do not fall for the marketing... the products are so expensive!

These are my favorite drug store finds that work really well for me.  The Jergen's odor free sunless tanner WITH sunscreen is like a dream come true for a girl with fair skin who has already had basal cell skin spots removed.  I like the fair to medium best.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS