Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Snow Day!



Last night after the kids were already asleep, we received the call that school would be closed!  I ran upstairs to surprise them, but they were O-U-T.  After trying to write my own big bubble letter sign (circa pep rally and sorority days) I ended up just printing these out.  This was the best news when I was a kid!

Davis has had his buds over to play.  And Mary Fowler and I keep catching sight of a cat in our backyard with no collar on.  He/She seems very skittish, but when she put a bowl of milk outside, it appeared from no where and drank it up.  We are supposed to have some really cold weather for the next few days, so we put an old heated blanket along with some other blankies in a cardboard box under the deck just in case it needs a warm place for a few days.  How do these animals survive winter??

In other "blast from the past" thoughts, we had dinner at a friend's house the other night and I could not stop staring at the *new* (old) Miller Lite cans!  I can only see my dad with this can... like he was the only one who ever drank a Miller Lite in the 70s and 80s...  well, he and Ron Burgundy... I had to text him immediately to show him.  I love it!



No comments:

Post a Comment

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS