Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Before you were a mom

Big Picture Classes

Last year when my resolution was to organize my photos, I started by separating all old, printed photos into decades: 2000s, 1990s, 1980s, 1970s, and anything older.

That was pretty much as far as I got with the printed ones.  Each decade is housed in a tupperware container no, they don't match and I keep them in a storage closet in our bedroom.

When I signed up for the Before Your Story class, I knew I could do it because I wouldn't have to look through crazy amounts of photos.  My story before children can be found in just a few of those boxes.  So I've been sorting through and just taking out the ones that speak to me and putting them in a large baggie.

As I complete the worksheets, I am starting to see some stories take shape.  I know I ask my mom all the time about her life before us, before my dad.  And I'm hoping this project will give my kids some answers.  What I didn't expect was that I would make so many connections.  I can't wait to tell those stories.

Documenting really is one of my passions.  The instructor Jennifer is keeping everything organized and not overwhelming.  If you click on the caption link and watch the video, just try not to get teary :)

1 comment:

  1. What a great idea! I need to work on this (surprise!!). I also liked the way you are organizing it.

    ReplyDelete

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS