Wednesday, January 27, 2016

Low Carb Sausage Balls



I was so happy these sausage balls turned out so good!  My husband really prefers to eat low-carb so around the holidays, I was thinking of the classic Sausage Balls and wondering if there was any substitute for the typical Bisquick.

After some googling, I heard about some attempts with Almond Meal and I decided to give it a try!

These are great and I we don't miss the Bisquick at all!  I guess, depending on the sausage, these could be considered Gluten-Free, too?

Low-Carb Sausage Balls


1 lb Jimmy Dean sausage (I used regular but I think hot would be great!)
1 cup shredded cheddar 
1/2 cup almond meal

Optional
1/2 tsp onion powder
1/2 tsp pepper
1/2 tsp seasoned salt
pinch of cayenne pepper

Preheat oven to 375.  Spray a sheet pan with non-stick cooking spray. 

Combine all ingredients in a bowl and mix well with hands.  

Form sausage balls to preferred size and place on cookie sheet.  
These were about a tablespoon full each.

Bake until fully cooked~ about 8-10 minutes.

When my mom used to make sausage balls, I remember dipping them in a mustard/mayonnaise dipping sauce:)  


4 comments:

  1. Glad you're back! I always enjoy your blog. Are you designing for others now?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So fun! Can't wait to see your work! Always looking for inspiration... :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Try substituting pork for turkey and you've got an even healthier recipe.
    Especially for those who don't eat pork.
    Leviticus 11:7
    Praise Yahshua for truth!

    ReplyDelete

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS