Wednesday, February 17, 2016

The Best Hershey Cake!




Man o man!  This cake!

Over Christmas we were at the lake visiting family and my grandmother brought a chocolate cake that I could not get enough of!  It's what I call an old church lady recipe that is nothing fancy but oh-so-good.  Tasting it will probably remind you of your childhood... I have had it before but it was a long time ago.


Many times I can resist dessert, but this cake is WORTH it!  It is so good that I kind of moan a little while taking bites :)  That good.  I think it's the not too thick cake layer which is soft and moist, plus the old-fashioned chocolate kind of granulated "fudgy"icing.  It also meets my criteria of EASY and fast to prepare.

Since Christmas, I have made it almost every weekend for small dinner parties and everyone has asked for the recipe.

My grandmother made it in a 9x13 pan but I like using my round springform pan because it looks a little more festive.  Here, I made it for a little dinner we had to celebrate Adam's birthday.  Not a great picture of Adam and not the prettiest cake you've ever seen but just focus on the taste.  I bought the candles from Jenny at Everyday Occasions.  They can make any cake look like a party!


The BEST Hershey chocolate cake


  • 12cup  butter
  • cup  sugar
  • eggs
  • cup  flour
  • teaspoon  baking powder
  • 14teaspoon  salt
  • 1(16 ounce) can hershey chocolate syrup
  • Icing

  • 12cup  butter
  • cup  sugar
  • 13cup  evaporated milk or regular milk
  • 12cup  semi-sweet chocolate chips

DIRECTIONS

  1. For cake: Cream margarine and sugar; then add eggs one at a time and beat well, after each.
  2. Sift dry ingredients and add to above mixture.
  3. Add syrup and mix well. Bake at 350 degrees for 45-50 minutes in 13x9 inch pan.
  4. Do not over bake. After cake is baked, immediately prepare icing because you will ice cake while hot.
  5. For icing: Boil margarine, milk and sugar together for two to three minutes.
  6. Add chocolate chips, beat until smooth.
  7. Pour on cake.
  8. Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS